In general, creating an item in SimpanKira can become either a product or a service. There are two important sections in creating the Item.
- I purchase this item
- I sell this item
Go to Inventory > Item > New Item
You need to enter all relevant information at Item information
- Item Code (required)
- Item Name (required)
- Quantity in Hand - only if you tick the box at 'I track this item for Inventory'
- I track this item for inventory - make this an inventory item
- I purchase this item - tick the checkbox if you purchase this item from suppliers
- Unit Price - indicate the buying price
- Unit of Measure - select the appropriate unit of measurement for the item
- Purchase account - select the appropriate account for this purchase
- Purchases tax rate - select the appropriate tax rate for this purchase
- Purchase Description - brief description about the item for your supplier
- I sell this item - ticket the checkbox if you sell this item to customers
- Unit Price - indicate the selling price
- Sales Account - select the appropriate unit of measurement for the item
- Sales tax rate - select the appropriate tax rate for this sales
- Sales description - brief description about the item for your customer
Once you finish entering all the information in the fields, click Save.